Accounting & Business Administration Manager
Location: Cheektowaga, NY
Shift: 1st Shift
FT/PT Status: Regular Full Time
Schedule: Monday – Friday
In this role you will be a contributing member of a management team for $17-$20 million specialty Construction Company in a highly competitive business environment. In collaboration with Executive Leadership, learn and utilize specialized business knowledge to accomplish strategic goals; learn and utilize established processes, synergize information, apply policies/strategies, and develop solutions to business challenges with emphasis on cost control, risk management, practicality, conflict resolution, and continual improvement.
Work closely with Executive Leadership to maximize profitability of corporation and enhance focus on overall mission. Provide input on personnel within the business administration department, general risk, accountability, systems, policies, and procedures. Maintain constant awareness of projected job costs in comparison to actual costs incurred, and work with entire team to minimize variances.
Oversee accounting in the posting of all financial transactions to ensure compliance to corporate accounting practices and accurate tracking of project financial data. Provide accurate and timely research, reports and information used by senior management.
Coordinate in-house legal processes and coordination, and act as one of two primary liaisons, along with leadership, in communication with external counsel on all matters related to contracts, claims, collection, compliance, labor, suits, and mediation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide staff of sales, operations, project management, accounting, and legal to coordinate contract fulfillment activities, manage interrelationships, and avoid duplication of effort.
- Assign unit personnel responsibility for carrying out and completing specific projects and duties.
- Monitor and re-engineer administrative processes to optimize efficiency.
- Communicate at leadership’s direction to vendors, suppliers, subcontractors, attorneys, and municipalities in situations where comprehensive knowledge of project details is required.
- Liaison with leadership direction on Ecore Corporate matters related to finances, human resources, and systems.
- Directly oversee Accountant and Business Office Coordinator and indirectly supervise other support staff on business administration matters.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial activities including accounts payable/receivable, collections, bonding, credit, banking, insurance, invoicing, tax compliance, inventory, general ledger, job costing, and corporate reporting.
- Coordinate administration of commission program for sales and project management.
- Oversee sales administration process on materials only orders, verifying costing accuracy and administrative compliance.
- Maintain detailed awareness of specific requirements on all construction projects, including status of on-going work, projected completion dates, local/state/federal guidelines as well as individual contractors’ and owner requirements.
- Supervise contract financial administration activities including schedules of values, payment applications, change orders, lien waivers, installation subcontracts, certified payrolls, and project closeout.
- Oversee standard contract review, modification, execution, and administration, with leadership and external legal counsel input as necessary, on approximately 50 major construction projects annually.
- Apply and share experience and judgment to evaluate situations and take steps to protect company’s interests
- With leadership’s direction and input, consult regularly with outside counsel on pertinent legal matters and summarize findings for management team.
- Review official directives and correspondence and bring suggestions to company leadership to implement changes in programs, policies, and procedures related to contract fulfillment and state/local regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required
- 5+ years’ of experience in a similar business environment (construction industry preferred) with a strong focus on management and demonstrated ability to drive results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and contribute to appropriate conclusions; ability to communicate effectively with executive team, upper management and various other audiences (English – written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Vision to understand the macro view of business operations
- Ability to establish priorities, assign accountabilities, and foster a spirit of cooperation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and extremely high volume with efficiency
- Detail orientation, mathematical acuity, logic, diplomacy, and practicality
A-Turf is a subsidiary of Pennsylvania-based Ecore International. Applications for this position can be completed online.